Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trader Joe's Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


I noticed these dangerous looking candies at Trader Joe's many months ago. My substantial will power prevented me from buying these particular candies because I knew that without wrappers to peel off these would go in my mouth by the handful.


Recently I thought of the perfect excuse. Infinitely more acceptable than swallowing them by the handful. These tiny peanut butter cups seem to be just about the same size as chocolate chips. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about cookies full of these tasty sweets.


Here are the results:
I used my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Mix until creamy:
  • 1 cup butter (room temperature- but not too soft)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
Add, mix after each addition:
  • 2 eggs (room temperature)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
In a separate bowl mix:
  • 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time.
Finally, add the peanut butter cups (or chocolate chips). If you use your electric mixer for the batter, I recommend not using it when you add the chocolate. It just smashes them up.

Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 9-10 minutes. Enjoy!