Friday, August 10, 2007

Rebecca Ruth Candy

My sweet tooth and I are back from visiting family in good ole' Kentucky. Despite the blazing, sticky, 100-degree heat, I made my usual pilgrimage to the Rebecca Ruth Candy Factory. It's right in my home town of Frankfort! Luckily I had the foresight to come prepared with a cooler in the non-air-conditioned truck so my precious chocolate wouldn't melt on the 5 minute drive home.

Rebecca Ruth is famous for their bourbon balls.
I'm not a fan of the liquor filled chocolates, but I have no trouble spending my money on almond bark and caramels.

While I was shopping, I learned that the factory was featured in the "Louisville, Kentucky and Beyond" episode of Road Tasted on the Food Network. I haven't seen the show, but love that it included a personal favorite. The show also featured a favorite of my grandmother, Modjeskas.

Best of all, I learned that Rebecca Ruth does mail order. Hooray! Of course there's nothing better than stepping into that little factory and picking out your favorites, but when you can't travel to Kentucky at least there's an alternative.