Friday, July 13, 2007

King Arthur Flour

Why do I love King Arthur Flour? Let my count the ways:
  1. The catalog. I drool over this like some people do the Victoria Secrets catalog. They have fantastic baking gadgets and tools.
  2. The recipes. Their recipe collection is extensive and has never failed me. Everything on it has been tested.
  3. Baking mixes. From scones to pet treats. Tastes like you made it from scratch. You can tell everyone you did. After all you did have to add things like eggs and water to the mix. You had to put it in the oven. My favorite is the crumbcake.
  4. Free classes. If you live in or near Vermont I envy you. The rest of us can enjoy a class when they come to our neighborhood. Which isn't often enough. Or check out online classes.
  5. The Baking Circle. Join this message board and if you ever, ever have a question about baking. Ask. You will be answered. Also get special offers via email.
  6. The company is employee owned. Nice to see in a world were everything is becoming owned by mega corporations.
  7. I only use their flour. Mostly I use all-purpose unbleached. I want to start using more of the white whole wheat. Check out the variety. They are even starting to sell more organic products.
  8. They have fabulous cookbooks. Of course they're more like baking books, but what do you expect from a flour company. Buy them from KAF's website, or buy them from Amazon.

Are those enough reasons? If you haven't been to their website or received their catalog, why not? I've given you enough links. I also put them in my side bar.